10/26/2009

Another Bike?!?! Que?!


Although I love my fixed wheel bike, I thought I'd like another bike I could mess about on, generally crash and bash. So I posted an ad online, asking for a cheap old racing bike, requesting people to check their grandma's sheds.
Today, a lovely man called me up saying that he had a bike that was taking up room and that he no longer wanted. He even offered to bring it to my flat since he lived out of the city.
He brought it round and let me have it for no more than £50 (as requested in my ad).

ABSOLUTE BARGAIN!!!


This bike with it's components is easily worth more than £200, if not £300 if I were to clean it up a little!
Now I have the dilemma of deciding whether to keep it or sell it. Currently I'm thinking of keeping it as a second/winter bike or something that my flatmates can use to pop into town. It's too nice to use as a beater bike. Does that mean I'm still after another bike!? Let's hope no one else responds to my ad with another vintage gem!

More pics of it to come.
I'm well chuffed. Except that I got so excited I forgot to do any work today...

1 comment: